Blue Arrow are recruiting class 1 drivers for a well known parcel company Trunking Available Overnight Available To be considered for this role you must...
HGV Class 1 Driver - Bristol, Bridgwater and Gloucester - £12.42-£17.17 per hour
Working with one of the most recognisable parcel delivery companies, operating Nationwide, with their Outsourced Trunking work across The UK.
The Company has rapidly gown throughout the years, due to their dedication of providing an elite service to their customers, staff, suppliers and all involved within their business.
Looking HGV Class 1 Drivers, as well as Drivers who can cover the odd day in the week, this role is perfect for someone who already has a Main Employer and is looking to top up their Weekly Income, or someone who is Semi Retired and is looking to supplement their pension.
We are offering Trunk Work from The Companies' Depots in Bristol, Brisdgwater and Gloucester, to The Companies' Hubs in The Midlands. Nine times out of ten, you would be driving straight from either of these two depots to The Hubs, with the occasional route that involves a local collection on the way.
Due to security purposes and the value of the freight, you will have no loading/unloading duties and this will instead by handled by The Company, making this role ideal to Drivers who "just want to drive".
As a HGV Class 1 Driver, your duties will include:
- Ensuring that you bring your UK Driving Licence Card, CPC Card and Digital Tachograph Card with you to every shift, so that The Company can complete DVLA Licence Checks on your Licence, whenever necessary
- Completing all Driver + Vehicle Safety Checks prior to starting your route
- Correctly inputting your Digital Tachograph into The Touch Screen System, within The Vehicle (there is support available if you find difficulty with this)
- On occasion, completing a local collection, on your route up to The Hubs in The Midlands
- Always abiding by the laws and regulations of the road, as well as complying with The Companies Driving Expectations
- Reverse Parking Articulated Vehicle into bay safely and efficiently, at all Depots, Hubs and Collections
- Abiding by Driving Hour Regulations and Working Time Directive
Skills and qualifications required:
- Valid HGV Class 1 Licence (UK Driving Licence, Category C+E) - Must have had Class 1 Licence for over 12 months, to be applicable for the role
- Valid CPC Card
- Valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Under 6 Driving Penalty Points on Licence
- No Previous "DR" Penalty Points: - Any applicant with previous "DR" Driving Penalty Points will not be considered for this role
- Previous experience in Trunk Work would be preferable
- Calm and Collective: - The ideal candidate would be someone who is thorough and takes their time to complete tasks properly, as opposed to someone who wants to get home as soon as they can
- Excellent People Skills: - Someone who is able to communicate efficiently with Planners and other Colleagues, to keep updated on route changes and traffic updates
Nature of Contact:
You will be employed by us here at Blue Arrow - Bristol (Recruitment Agency) to work with our Client, in this Job Role.
We offer temporary work, which means that we will call you up on a daily/weekly basis, to arrange your shifts with The Company that we are currently advertising for, in this Job Advert.
As mentioned above, primarily, we are looking for HGV Class 1 Drives to cover weekend shifts for our clients, but they do have shifts available Mid-Week. As the year goes on, the bookings we receive for HGV Class 1 Drivers will increase and we will have more Mid-Week & Weekend Shifts to offer to our Drivers.
You will be working on a Weekly Pay System, on a Monday to Friday Pay Cycle. You will work one week in advance to payment and Pay Day is on a Friday.
PAYE Drivers will accumulate Holiday Pay as you earn and you will also be automatically enrolled into a Pension Scheme (this is optional, as you can call The Pension Provider and opt out of the scheme).
Hourly Pay Rates:
Standard Hourly Pay Rate: - For 8 hours per shift, you will be paid a Standard Hourly Pay Rate of £12.42 per hour. After completing 12 Weeks of assignments with The Company, your Standard Hourly Pay Rate will be increased to £12.78 per hour.
Overtime Hourly Pay Rate: - After you complete 8 hours per shift, you will begin to earn an Overtime Hourly Pay Rate of £17.17 per hour. After completing 12 Weeks of assignments with The Company, your Standard Hourly Pay Rate will be increased to £17.69 per hour.
Saturday Hourly Pay Rate: - Saturday Shifts will be paid at a flat Saturday Hourly Pay Rate of £13.50 per hour. After completing 12 Weeks of assignments with The Company, your Saturday Hourly Pay Rate will be increased to £14.50 per hour.
Sunday Hourly Pay Rate: Sunday Shifts will be paid at a flat Sunday Hourly Pay Rate of £14.50 per hour. After completing 12 Weeks of assignments with The Company, your Sunday Hourly Pay Rate will be increased to £15.50 per hour.
Bank Holiday Hourly Pay Rate: Bank Holiday Shifts will be paid at a flat Bank Holiday Hourly Pay Rate of £22.24 per hour. After completing 12 Weeks of assignments with The Company, your Bank Holiday Hourly Pay Rate will be increased to £24.07 per hour.
For Limited Company (LTD) Workers, we will pay an extra £1.00 per hour, to The Hourly Pay Rates stated above.
If this sounds of an interest to you, please call Lisa at Blue Arrow Bristol or alternatively apply online and we will get back to you.