Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for staff to work in Northumberland to support the local Testing sites.
You will complete a wide range of general daily tasks such as queue management, cleaning and deep cleaning, handing out and collecting self-testing kits, providing guidance for self-testing and ensuring that the site is set up efficiently for all service users for the day. You will also be responsible for the disposal of medical and biohazard waste, including PPE.
You will need to have the flexibility to change tasks as and when required and rotate into the different roles, ensuring to always provide general support and deliver service excellence for our service users.
* Support the delivery of services at the Local Testing Site, communicating and providing an efficient, effective service for each service user visiting the Test Unit
* Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand and are comfortable with the process
* Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process.
* Support with testing administration (recording Test Operative administrating test, test time etc.)
* Commitment to the work and to following the strict guideline and procedures required
* Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
* Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed as required
* Ensure to adhere to site guidelines and procedures at all times, always wearing the correct PPE as required
* Clean designated facility areas (sweeping, mopping, restroom cleaning)
* Routine cleaning, including cleaning each booth after a service user has completed their test
* Undertake clinical deep cleaning
The Ideal Candidate
* Experience working with members of the public/patients
* Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
* Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
* Previous experience as a cleaner
* Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
* Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
* You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
* Willingness to work outside
* Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.