Pastry Chef - Garden Centre - Aldermaston - £10.50-£11.50/hour
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Pastry Chef to join a garden centre/Farm shop in Aldermaston, catering for Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Tea 7 days per week.
As a Pastry Chef, you will be responsible for your own section within the kitchen which delivers the very popular Afternoon tea and Pastry. You will be responsible for prepping the Scones, sponges and pastry for the afternoon tea and the shop.
You will also provide the sandwiches for the Afternoon tea.
The Pastry Chef will need to be enthusiastic in working within a team of dedicated and passionate chefs, delivering an exceptional experience to the guests.
You would be working on a two-week rota basis and on alternate weekends and one day off during the week. One week you will work 6 days and the second week 4 days. Latest finish will be 17.30 so it offers a great work/life balance.
As Pastry Chef you need the following attributes...
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced environment
- Handle pressure calmly and professionally
- Prepare and service your section.
- Ensure that the highest standards are always maintained and to ensure that the kitchen areas, designated equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy
The ideal Pastry Chef will have:
- Experience of working as a Pastry chef
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of food safety and health and safety within the Kitchen.
Great working hours and 20% Discount in store
Salary of up to £11.50/hour with Tips and bonuses
Skills and Career Development opportunities
Holiday allowance starting at 25 days plus bank holidays and Birthday off
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Anna at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or apply on line
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.