Job role - School Kitchen
Pay £8.72 - £9.30 per hour
Location - Petworth
Work dates & times
Mon - fri (term time only)
08.00 - 16.30
Additional notes & requirements
Subject to enhanced DBS background checks
FREE parking onsite
We are Urgently looking for a Kitchen Porter for our school, to help support the ready staffed team for the start of term from September.
Main duties and responsibilities will include the following.
Main Duties - Roles & Responsibilities
As a Kitchen Porter you will have:
- Washing dishes, by hand and using the dishwasher, Prepare work surfaces to ensure hygiene standards are adhered to
- Ensure pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use quickly during service
- Ability to work well with your hands and physical skills like movement, coordination and dexterity
- Physically fit, as will be required to stand on your feet for most of the shift.
- Previous experience, in catering preferred but not required
- Understanding of basic food hygiene practices
- Understanding of the importance of stock rotation when storing deliveries, especially perishable items
- Remove waste and recycling throughout the day and at the end of a shift
requirements for working as part of team
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring everything that comes to you is clean, dry and put away in the correct place, and your work station is kept clean and sanitary
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Reliably on-time for every shift, and trustworthy enough to work independently at the end of the night
- A flexible approach to work
- Ability to work to agreed timeframes, especially in busy periods for Lunchtime service
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills
- Competent level of English spoken and written
- Compulsory DBS, standard or enhanced
- Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- A full driving licence
If you're ready to take the first step in your hospitality and catering career, get in touch today. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the role or the career progression opportunities we can provide.
If you are interested in applying for this position? Or require more information?
Please apply now? Or get in touch on the number below.