To provide administration and Ariba procurement support to the Engineering Projects & Contracts Department, working within a team of 8-10 people* Working with onsite term...
Requirement: Ofwat requires 1 member of interim staff; administrative support with project management capability. Designing and developing the tender will require a large amount of staff engagement, involving many meetings and several projects running in parallel; all which will need to be carefully managed.
Tasks: The role will support the design and development of the tender exercise for the £8m Ofwat Consultancy Framework and tasks will include the following:
Booking and managing meetings (workstream team meetings, planning meetings)
- Liaising with teams to establish requirements
- Booking rooms and arranging video conference details
- Sending out invites
- Note taking / action points, if required
- Managing changes to bookings.
- Assisting with management of the tender Sharepoint site (creating new folders, sharing file access etc.)
- Further ad hoc tasks
Role core requirements: In order to carry out this role, you will need to have:
- Administrative experience.
- An understanding of good project management theory and techniques.
- A basic understanding of procurement in the Public Sector.
- Experience of working on a fast-paced, complex programme of work involving over 50 members of staff;
- The ability to quickly familiarise yourself with Ofwat's processes and systems;
- The ability to work autonomously to solve challenges, only escalating when necessary;
- A working knowledge of Sharepoint, including the ability to set up folders and potentially to manage access permissions; and
- The ability to integrate with, and act as an advocate for, Ofwat's approach to procurement
Other Requirements: The following requirements are not vital to the role but would be very useful, although definitely not essential:
- Understanding of procurement in the public sector
- Experience of working at Ofwat or similar organisations within the Civil Service
- A desire to 'branch out' into a career in project management and/or procurement.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY