Blue Arrow are currently recuiting for a number of Welder Fabricators to work with our clients ever growing team based in Livingston
* Has the ability to understand drawings and work from detailed fabrication drawings
* Accurately measuring and working to the tolerances
* Competent with all hand and air tools
* MIG and TIG welding to a high standard is essential and the ability to work to engineering drawings
* Ensure work areas kept tidy
* Any other tasks required by Production Team
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate welding skills at weld test prior to starting. This will be carried out either on the date of interview or a pre-arranged date/time.
- Every job is different - the common factor is general sheet metalwork, light fabrications and pipework in Steel and mostly Stainless Steel. The individual will manage a variety of fabrication jobs from start to finish, working to a high standard both solo and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow instructions on bespoke projects, coming up with ad-hoc short and long term solutions to immediate problems. Needs to be comfortable working with and without drawings - sometimes sketches or engineering drawings may be available - and at all times have the ability to improvise.
- MIG and TIG welding to a high standard is essential and the ability to work to engineering drawings.
- Time served, with sufficient experience of working with sheet metal and fabrication.
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated with the ability to adapt and contribute solutions to the differing requirements of each project, making decisions and working both alone and as part of a team.
* Stainless steel welding: 3 years
* Fabrication: 3 years
* Welding: 3 years
* Required licence or certification: Driving licence
Hours: 38 hours per week with overtime available when necessary
To apply please send your CV to Blue Arrow today