Kitchen Manager Needed - Central Brighton
£28 - £30k
40 hours - Work/life balance
A fantastic independent company with 2 reputable sites are now looking to expand and build on their production kitchen operation, based in Brighton.
The Kitchen Manager will be able to oversee the kitchen operation whilst having a hand in the cooking, with the main duties being the running of the operation, ordering, stocks, training, implementing health & safety, and working with suppliers.
This job offers good hours but does include weekends and some evenings. You will work on a straight shift basis. They also do occasional outside catering events which you can help with.
* Work closely with the head chef and operations manager to create specs
* Move between the brand's locations
* Supervise and participate in food production
* Train kitchen staff in production, cleaning and safety procedures
* Manage relationships with current suppliers and help foster new ones that will help decrease the cost of sales in a challenging market
* Ensure all EHO, H&S, Allergen laws are up to date and met
* Control inventories
The Candidate will:
* Have had worked in a kitchen
* Worked as a chef manager/kitchen manager/catering manager
* Have previous experience of managing a kitchen and team of chefs within a multi-site restaurant group
* Live in or near Brighton
* Have an up-to-date understanding of EHO, H&S & Allergen Laws as well as COVID-safe food production procedures
* Be an experienced and effective manager with the required skillset to train, mentor and motivate a team of chefs
* Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software eg Excel & Word
Benefits of the Kitchen Manager role (Brighton):
* £28 - £30k
* Work for a fantastic young company with big ambitions in a family-like team
* 28 days' paid holiday per year
* Delicious staff meals
* Expert training
* City centre location
* Company events
* Work from home
Act Now - Press the Apply Button!!!
* Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
* In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.