Kitchen Porters required for Hospital based in Stoke on Trent
To assist in the receipt and delivery of patient food services and associated catering stores activities. To ensure that all designated areas are maintained in a clean and hygienic manner at all times
Communication & Relationships Skills
* Provide and receive routine information orally to inform work colleagues regarding your own job to ensure the efficient running of the department in accordance with legislative requirements and company and Trust procedures. This includes reporting accidents in accordance with Health & Safety procedures any reporting deficiencies and defects in own area of work or with equipment.
* To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and Trust staff to ensure provision of a smooth and efficient service.
Knowledge, Training & Experience
* Have an understanding of a range of routine work procedures and practices and undergo short induction period and on job training.
* Achieve the required standard in Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, Manual Handling and have basic numeracy and literacy skills.
* Assist with the receipt and delivery of all materials necessary for the provision of patient food service accounting for materials and return of equipment,
* Observe good personal hygiene practices and maintain a clean and tidy appearance at all times.
* Undergo training in the correct use and care of equipment including mechanical compacting equipment. pot washing and other cleaning equipment