Are you looking for a new permanent role within a highly regarded and well known organisation that commences within the next week...if so then please read on.
Blue Arrow are working with our client on their requirement for Operations/Stores Assistants to be based out of their location in Central/South Glasgow.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience within a stores/warehouse environment
- IT competence, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to prioritise workload in a rapidly changing high pressure environment
- Ability to recognise problems in their infancy thereby preventing escalation
- Manual handling experience
- Picking and packing of goods from the Store for onward delivery to end users to meet customer expectations by ensuring such tasks are carried out in a timely manner
- Responsible for transfer and transporting of goods direct to the end user and between Stock and Bulk Store in a timely and appropriate manner
- To be the first point of contact for couriers/delivery drivers, updating and management of the receipt of goods delivered by external suppliers, checking for damaged or missing items and to ensure such goods are processed and stored within the relevant stores areas.
- To ensure that goods are handled and stored in the correct manner according to delivery/storage instructions, moving stock by hand or with machines, taking time to coordinate location pinch points
- Responsible for the handling and transporting of various hazardous materials between laboratories and relevant storage areas within the site including solvents, corrosive substances and sharps in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Responsible for general maintenance and cleaning of stores area and equipment including checking wear and tear on a daily basis and report faults or damage to the Team Leader.