Finance Assistant Temporary (part-time) Derby Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a non-profit organisation based in Derby who are looking...
We are currently sourcing for an Assistant Management Accountant to work for our Local Authority Client.
The Assistant Management Accountant will join our Finance and Procurement team and help them deliver effective and efficient finance support to the Client. The role sits within a small and relatively new team and the post holder will play a key role, helping to provide financial advice, information, reports and analysis and maintain systems and processes.
The Assistant Management Accountant will be required to complete on-the-job training to gain competencies in one or more of the following specialist areas;
* To support the provision of effective and efficient financial information through proactive business partnering and providing financial modelling assistance when required.
* To be the first point of contact for all systems related queries from managers and staff, providing a system administration service to the Finance Team and Budget Managers.
Key Responsibilities for this role
Under supervision of the Management Accountant, monitor income, expenditure and outturn predictions, identifying and communicating unexpected budget variances, budget volatility and monitoring the validity of budget management decisions against accountancy rules and regulations.
* Assist in the creation and production of the monthly management accounts pack within agreed timescales as set out within the team's objectives.
* Effectively handle queries from key budget managers, and proactively help them to manage costs in their areas of the business through business partnering.
* To assist in producing final accounts in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards including the production of disclosure notes and supplementary financial analysis.
* To assist in the production of streamlined reports from the financial system that automates the production of the information required for the submission of returns.
* To prepare and proactively contribute to reports for directors and managers and political decision makers clearly identifying the financial effects of policy and other corporate proposals on the delivery of services.
* Write reports for a wide range of individuals from the financial suite using a range of tools.
* Interpret the financial requirements of non-financial managers and other users and provide suitable data in clear reports.
* Maintain and develop the integrity of the financial systems, reconciling the General Ledger records to those of any feeder systems, investigating discrepancies and generating improved financial reporting systems.
Qualifications and Knowledge required for this role
* Experience of working with Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Qualified accountant or part-qualified accountant actively studying at the final level (CCAB/CIMA).
Experience required for this role
* Previous experience of preparing budgets and budget monitoring.
* Specific experience and understanding of financial and management reporting.
* Experience of performing complex reconciliations.
Skills and Competencies required for this role
* Excellent numeracy skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Excellent organisational and time-management skills with ability to prioritise, multitask and manage a busy workload.
* Proactive with the ability to use initiative and work autonomously without close supervision.
* Knowledge of accounting systems, preferably including Agresso.
If this role is of interest to you have you have the relevant skills and experience, please upload a CV to this site.