Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for 4 x Print Operatives for our client based in Plymouth due to current growth and future expansion plans. The successful candidates will be placed on a 12 week temp to perm booking, and should all work/reliability be to standard you have the fantastic opportunity to become a permanent member of staff with this forward thinking company.
You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the garment printers, oven and pre-treat machines, there efficient output, and completion of customer orders. The organisation and flow of the working area and the safe use of the heat press. Plus, the general manufacturing of quality product, within specified timeframes and with the least amount of waste by:
- Taking full responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and your colleagues. Ensuring you are all equipped and prepared to complete all tasks.
- Operation and maintenance of our garment printers, oven and our pre-treat maker IV machines.
- Take full responsibility for the quality and efficiency of your own work.
- Safe use of the heat press.
- Communicating in an open, honest, and transparent manner whilst ensuring confidential information remains secure.
- Working closely with other departments to utilise resources practically and effectively, ensuring all quality requirements and deadlines are met. All whilst considering your impact on others.
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring the completion of your production paperwork accurately, clearly, and completely.
- Ensuring compliance to customer specifications supplied with the job sheets at every stage.
- ensuring that all machinery and equipment is well maintained to a good standard and all planned preventative maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
- Consistently promoting a culture of exceeding targets and continuous improvement.
- Complete fully and accurately any other reasonable request by a manager.
- Experience operating in a similar environment using garment printers
- Experience handling garments
- Able to effectively communicate within a diverse team.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Able to keep an open mind to change
- Ability to work under pressure and still achieve results
- Personal drive to succeed
Due to the rotating shifts of 0600-1400 and 1430-2230 week by week, you will be required to have own transport as public transport links will not be available for for some of the start/finish times.
If you feel you have the necessary experience and attributes required to fulfil this exciting opportunity then please submit your CV for perusal and a member of the team will be in touch.