Our client based in Plymouth is looking for an experienced sewing machinist on a temp to perm contract, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a long term position to develop in, you will be working on fantastic projects for some of the best known brands in the world.
You will be responsible for the general manufacturing of quality product, within specified time frames and with the least amount of waste by:
* Taking full responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and your colleagues. Ensuring you are all equipped and prepared to complete all tasks.
* Operation, maintenance and responsibility of the embroidery machines
* Take full responsibility for the quality and efficiency of your own work.
* Communicating in an open, honest, and transparent manner.
* Working closely with other departments to utilise resources practically and effectively, ensuring all quality requirements and deadlines are met. All whilst considering your impact on others.
* Taking full responsibility for ensuring the completion of your production paperwork accurately, clearly and completely.
* Ensuring compliance to customer specifications supplied with the job sheets at every stage.
* ensuring that all machinery and equipment is well maintained to a good standard and all planned preventative maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
* Consistently promoting a culture of exceeding targets and continuous improvement.
* Complete fully and accurately any other reasonable request by a manager.
Desired skills for the role:
* Knowledge and experience operating industrial embroidery machines. (Desired but not essential as full training will be given)
* Knowledge of handling garments in volume
* Ability to manipulate small parts and threads.
* Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
* Able to keep an open mind to change
* Ability to work under pressure and still achieve results
* Personal drive to succeed
Hours of work will be 0800-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and attributes to excel in this role then please submit your CV for perusal and a member of the team will contact you to discuss further and complete a full application.