Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Home based
Pay Rate: £19.23ph
Contract Term: Temporary 40hpw
- Full paid training
- Overtime opportunities
- Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
- Instant access to Blue Arrow's online training portal
- Auto enrolment in a pension scheme.
- Ongoing coaching and in role training.
- 28 days paid holiday.
Are you an experienced and driven individual with the ability to lead and manage a large team? Do you consider yourself someone who is able to work in a demanding environment, while thinking logically and diligently with close attention to detail to achieve excellent results? Do you have the skills required to support a large new department remotely under these unusual and unprecedented circumstances?
- Motivate and effectively performance manage allocated Team Managers within the unit to ensure delivery of the unit business plan.
- Selecting, managing and coaching Team Managers
- Working with the Recruitment and L&D Team, define specific recruitment and training needs
- Ensuring accurate payroll management and minimising administration errors and overpayments
- Execute a well-defined Communication and Engagement model in place to ensure all of their teams understand the performance of our business and also that they understand the needs of their teams
- In line with the agreed framework, deliver succession planning to ensure key roles are filled and individual talent is recognised
- Instil specific cultural values and behaviours
Ensure delivery of Client KPIs including
- Day to day service levels,
- Customer experience, quality measures and compliance measures
Manage and develop the operational client relationships by
- Conducting operational client review meetings and day to day ops liaison
- Identifying KPI variances and developing action plans
- Identifying and highlighting further opportunities for services and process improvements
Achieve the unit commercial targets by:
- Responsible for the managing of the direct variable cost
- Maximise the opportunity for BP revenues
- Achieving productivity targets, including attendance and attrition
- Working with Planning to determine appropriate staffing levels for the service or unit
- The continuous identification and implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team
- The operational delivery of short, medium and long term strategic plans in line with the relevant Client Area and business goals
- Ensure team members follow required Company guidelines e.g. (Health and Safety)
- Deliver measures and targets
- Ensuring all appropriate compliance requirements are met.
- Manage cost centre and direct variable costs
- Manage achievement of commercially agreed revenue sources
- Senior Management coverage of unit's opening hours
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- People management skills.
- Customer service excellence experience essential.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Product knowledge desirable.
- Relationship management and communication skills.
- Influencing, political and sales skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your already impressive skill set that are unlikely to be fully tested for more critical circumstances. Becoming part of the huge national effort in fighting COVID-19 is an achievement you can always be proud of. All you need to do is to click the apply button. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with the team by contacting 0800 0154 236 before you start.