We are looking for 2 administrators to offer support to our logistics team.Previous transport experience is preferred but not essential.Working hours:Tuesday Friday8.00 16.3012.00 21.00Saturday12.30 21.00(...
Our client is responsible for providing services to thousands of customers throughout Derbyshire, due to their continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Temporary to permanent Referrals Administrator (DBS) to support in their new team providing excellent continuous customer service to new and existing customers.
This is a temporary to permanent role starting as soon as possible.
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday. Working hours are within the period 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Pay Rate: £9.40 p/h
About the role
The post holder will be responsible for recording the receipt of referrals into a range of services provided and ensuring that the Service responds appropriately to set criteria.
The post holder will also provide reception, clerical and administrative support, using paper and computerised systems.
Please note the role will involve you travelling between two sites across the DE23-DE24 area of Derby.
Duties will include:
* Deal with routine enquiries and other matters.
* Make, amend and recall appointments. This will include face to face contact, by telephone or post.
* Monitor patients who are waiting and alert the clinical team if there are any concerns.
* Deal with telephone enquiries in a courteous manner signposting where necessary
* Enter patient details onto the computer system, scan in documents as required; complete and prepare record cards for clinical sessions (paper and electronic), prepare and manage patient paperwork at reception, gaining signatures as required
* File patient record cards and associated paperwork.
* Collect NHS charges from patients including cash, cheques, credit and debit cards. Reconcile monies at the end of the session.
* Organise incoming and outgoing mail.
* Act as point of contact for patients enquiring about their referral to CDS and how their referral is progressing through the Service
* Assist the Referrals Co-ordinator in processing incoming referrals in accordance with the 13 week policy.
* Advise on how the referral system can be developed to ensure a better, more efficient service and patient outcomes can be achieved
* Ensure that referrers are kept informed of patients' progress as required, including when patients have failed to attend an appointment and the outcome of a patient's course of treatment, etc.
*Access to your own vehicle is essential.
* Previous experience within a medical environment is essential.
* Previous administration experience.
* Warm, friendly telephone manner
* Excellent use of initiative
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* In possession of an Adult and Child DBS
What can Blue Arrow offer you?
* Holiday entitlement
* Access to high street discounts
* Company pension scheme
* Nominated entry to Blue Arrow 'Superstar of the month' award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers
* Dedicated consultant
* Blue Arrow uniform (where necessary)
* Weekly pay
If you have a car and are flexible with travel great! You must be able to travel between two sites across the DE23-DE24 area of Derby.
The Next Stage:
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.