Position: Sous Chef
Location: Oxford, OX2
Salary: Up to £28,500
Hours: 40 hours per week / 40 weeks
(5/7 days - Early or late: 7:00-16:00 or 10:30-19:30)
Are you an experienced Sous Chef or Chef de Partie seeking the next step in your career? Are you looking to join a professional team working in a fantastic, fresh food kitchen? With a great work life balance? then look no further...
You will be part of a large team providing fantastic fresh food and drink on offer for the students and staff. In addition to a busy restaurant, you will also cater for a hospitality service including working lunches for meetings, University and student events, external conferences for clients, and a variety of private functions.
If this sounds like you then perhaps you will be interested in working with at this Prestigious University.
- Certified in Food Hygiene Level 1 & 2
- Experienced in the preparation, cooking and presentation of fresh food
- Similar experience of bulk cooking
- A positive attitude with a passion to support and develop menus
- A dedicated approach to the development and training of the team
- Ordering and stock control management
- Meeting food safety and cleaning standards
- Hardworking and reliable
- Hands-on with a 'can do' attitude
The Sous Chef role will involve.....
- Assist the head chef in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budget targets
- To manage the departmental budget to support the kitchen team, by providing appropriate tools and resources.
- A thorough understand of all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the management team.
Experience & Training:
- Welcome applicants with previous Chef de Partie experience, working ideally within a large scale operation.
- Must have a proven track record of training, developing, building and motivating a team
- Work in a high volume catering kitchen
What's in it for you...
- Salary: Up to £28,500
- Work life balance
- Established team
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.