To carry out emergency ambulance cleaning and preparation duties to a set infection controlled standard and ensure that vehicles are ready to respond. The post holder will also be required to drive Ambulance Service vehicles between EMAS bases and other locations as required.
1. Carries out cleaning, re-stocking, equipping, re-fuelling, tagging and checking to ensure that emergency vehicles (Ambulances and Cars) are ready to respond on a seven day rotating shift basis including relief duties. Completes Vehicle documentation to demonstrate a vehicle's readiness.
2. Carries out cleaning and checking of Patient Transport Service (PTS) vehicles as time permits.
3. Carries out cleaning that involves disassembling, reassembling and function testing key pieces of equipment such as aspirators, ventilators, defibrillators etc to infection control standards especially after contamination with patient bodily fluids/diseases. (Future development)
4. Carries out cleaning and maintenance of the garage areas and any other areas associated with vehicle preparation in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
5. Carries out other support duties such as retrieval of equipment/property from hospital departments, collation of mileage statistics and any other duties notified to them by their Team Leader.
6. Closely liaises with Fleet Operational Support, re-locating vehicles, crews and Control in respect to vehicle availability, location and service requirements.
7. Ensures that Trust vehicles and equipment are maintained in a safe and appropriate condition, reporting any defects or damage to vehicles or equipment in accordance with the prescribed procedure/ carry out minor vehicle maintenance.
8. Liaises directly with the Team Leader regarding stock ordering and stock control to ensure that supplies are always available.
9. Provides support to major incident procedures as required for example extra equipment or supplies taken to the scene.
10. Ensures that health and safety requirements associated with the duties of the post are strictly adhered to.
11. Liaise with Medical Device Engineering (MDE) regarding medical device maintenance and repair.
12. Carries out RFID scanning on vehicles and equipment.
13. Ensures drugs/fluids are checked and in date.(Future development)
14. Carries out station security checks.
15. Completes relevant paperwork for each vehicle clean and submits this in a timely manner.
16. Ensures confidentiality is maintained with regard to patient report forms and patient
property in line with Caldicott Guidelines on patient confidentiality.
17. Post holders will undertake training as required, this will include Health and Safety at Work First Aid.
18. Carries out any other reasonable duties within the scope of this post, which may be
requested by an appropriate manager.
The duties and responsibilities of the post will be undertaken in accordance with the policies, procedures and practices of the Trust, which may be amended from time to time.
Patient Safety is a key priority for the Trust. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully compliant with EMAS policies and procedures in respect of patient safety, for example Risk Management, Infection Prevention and Control, Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but to give an indication of the main areas of activity and involvement.