24 Hour Service:
Training, you may be asked to undertake additional duties or work within our specialised teams. E.g. Rapid Response Team or the Deep Clean Team (due to types of task and machinery used).
- To carry out cleaning tasks, both specific and generic, within prescribed work schedules for designated areas, in line with Trust policies and procedures.
- To adhere to Trust Infection Control Prevention and Control of Substances Hazard to Health.
- (COSHH) policies in carrying out cleaning tasks.
- Ensuring that Domestic trolley and other cleaning equipment are cleaned after use and stored appropriately.
- To adhere to the Trust colour coding system to prevent cross infection.
- Ensuring the correct and economical use of materials, and cleaning chemicals in line with above relevant policies i.e. COSHH always seeking advice from Domestic Team Leader if in any doubt.
- Cleaning Cupboard Doors are locked when unattended and that all cleaning products are stored appropriately and securely.
- To remove & dispose of cardboard, household and clinical waste following adhering to Waste regulations and Trust policies & procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned after use and stored securely.
- Report to your Domestic Team Leader any mechanical defects and any equipment in need of repair and any mishaps or untoward incidents.
- Able to clean and disinfect areas after body fluid spillages in non-clinical areas after training.
- Preparing meal trays regeneration of patient meals at ward level adhering to Trust Food Safety Management policies and procedures at all times.
- Recording meal temperatures prior to service delivery.
- Responsibility for the ward kitchen/regeneration area ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested.