We are currently recruiting for Production Engineer for a client based in Bedford. The Production Engineer will work within an ISO 9001 environment, to provide...
Blue Arrow are excited to be recruiting Carpentry Labourers/Fabricators for our fast-growing client based in Orton Southgate, Peterborough with work starting Monday 17th February and at ongoing induction dates from this time.
Your role will be to construct modular housing and smaller units including pods.
Our client will provide on-the-job training experience in carpentry, construction and fabrication is essential. They are seeking candidates who are eager to learn and develop their skills to further their career.
You will have a keen eye for attention-to-detail and strive to produce the highest quality work possible in this varied role.
* Approach day to day work in line with the Company vision and values
* Work with colleagues to use woodworking knowledge and skills to construct buildings to plan and required specifications.
* Ability to objectively assess own work to ensure that it reaches required quality standards
* Undertake duties and tasks as set, working both safely and efficiently with minimum wastage
* Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work
* Takes instructions and communicate clearly in spoken English
* Core woodworking and general maintenance ability with an aptitude for learning relevant skills
* Interprets plans and written instructions
* Transfers learnings and experience across roles and/or industry sectors
* Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Worked as part of a team where good communication skills are essential
* Complying with and upholding Company policies and Industry best practice
* Capability across a good range of the following areas: 1st & 2nd fix carpentry; door hanging; cutting roof trusses; drywall and lining; cladding; roofing; flooring; kitchen fitting; cabinet making; window fitting; plumbing; tiling; painting and decorating.
* Previous experience of working professionally in the construction/woodworking industry
* Experienced in safe use of hand-tools, air pressure tools, various saws, drills and pneumatic equipment
* Holds GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
* Holds CSCS qualification
* NVQ/HND woodworking/carpentry
This role will initially be temporary, paying £9.50 per hour, with the potential to become a permanent position after approximately 12 weeks and a pay increase to £11 per hour.
Working days and times will be Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm with 30 mintues (unpaid) for lunch. There is free parking on-site.
To become a valued member of this family-run, rapidly-expanding company please apply now.