Are you looking for a flexible Postal Worker Role in Shetland? If you are, this could be the job for you!Title: Postal WorkerLocation: ShetlandContract Type:...
Repairs and Maintenance worker - Stoke on Trent
Blue Arrow are proud to be working in partnership with an charity organisation based in the Stoke on Trent area who are looking for a full-time repairs and maintenance worker on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Candidates should ideally be immediately available as the position is to start as soon as possible.
Why should you apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a great organisation. This would suit individual's looking for a new role on a fixed term contract basis.
Pay Rate: £17,500-£18,500
Hours: Full Time 35hrs- Monday to Friday 9am-4:30 ( some flexibility may be required )
About the Role
- To carry out agreed minor repairs and decoration within properties to a high quality standard
- To assist with furniture deliveries and installations in properties
- Deal effectively and safely with repairs and maintenance ensuring timely responses are made and properties are safely and securely maintained
- Check that all tools or stores items are accounted for at all times so that security is maintained
- Monitor and complete documentation accurately for all work carried out ensuring quality systems are followed
- Report to appropriate person all unsafe conditions, damage, near misses - whether or not there are any personal injuries, in order that remedial action can be taken
- To assist with the purchase of agreed materials for the purpose of maintenance work and in line with the maintenance schedule, completing all necessary documentation
- To work with clients and volunteers who are developing their skills as part of the service
- To complete all necessary records, including timesheets, expenses forms, volunteering information, health/safety information etc
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by the Management Team
- To adhere to company policies and procedures
- To attend staff meetings, one to one supervision and training and development meetings in accordance with operational requirements
- Experience of carrying out a wide range of repair and maintenance work
- A proven ability of working with ex-offenders. Experience and understanding of issues facing vulnerable adults and their families
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising different areas of work according to need and producing work of a high standard
- An interest in people and a commitment to helping others
- Enthusiastic person with a good and pleasant manner, with the ability to get on well with others
- To be able drive with own transport
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.