Chef Care Home Newbury -£11phAre you a Chef looking for a new challenge?Do you have experience working within a care site and looking to progress...
Position: Chef Manager
Location: Newbury, RG17
Type: Permanent - 40 hrs week - 5/7 - every other weekend off
Are you a Chef Manager or Head Chef looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience working within a care site and looking to progress to a Chef Manager role?
We have the role for you!
You will be catering for the residents on site cooking fresh, traditional dishes, snacks menu and afternoon tea. 5 days out of 7, every other weekend off, latest finish 7pm
Responsibilities of role:
- To deliver and provide food & beverages for the residents and visitors at site of the highest standard
- To prepare fresh, seasonal, traditional and speciality style menus from fresh ingredients
- Implement and maintain statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Management administration duties, including cashing up, weekly stock take, payroll, completion of the weekly accounts
- Implement regular theme events to provide interest to the clients and to increase revenue
- Production of new menu cycle and theme menus
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships both with company individuals and client personnel at all levels
- Recruit, coach & mentor team, set goals & develop individuals on an on-going basis
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A "can do" attitude
- Previous experience in a care environment would be an advantage
- Basic food hygiene, health and safety and NVQ L2 qualifications as a minimum
- Flexibility in working hours and days
- Basic IT skills
- The ideal candidate will:
- Be a real 'foodie' with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Be a real "people person"
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage a small team
- Be financially astute with the ability to work within budget and contract targets
- Be sympathetic to our customers' needs
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Gaby at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or APPLY NOW
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.