Looking for a Chef to support in preparing food. Assisting the Head Chef during service Taking on sole responsibility of the kitchen in Head Chefs...
My client is looking for an experienced Commis Chef to work in their hotel in Huntingdon.
Previous experience of food or beverage service in a similar style of operation preferred but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Flexible hours in line with business needs
Must be well presented and have excellent personal hygiene
Education or Certification
Good level of English essential
Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificated
Minimum 1 years experience
SPECIFIC DUTIES: -
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. Ensure that you have full product knowledge of all menu items and their service.
2. Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the Heart of the House
Job Description Commis Chef
3. To be enthusiastic in completion of jobs that are set
4. To ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times.
5. To be capable of preparing dishes with a minimum of wastage.
6. To be fully aware of the Accident Reporting Procedure. Maintenance Fault Procedure and Fire Policy.
7. To understand how the hotel Health and Safety Policy affects your department and how it links in with the rest of the hotel.
8. To respond and act upon any reasonable request by Senior Management.
9. Follow all Health & Safety Procedures
The role is a permanent position
Location is close to the A14 corridor, free parking available on site during working hours.