We are currently looking for a 7.5 tonne driver!!We are recruiting 7.5 tonne driver for one of our clients based in Bedford.Drivers need to have...
Role titles Van Driver
Pay Rate £10.50 per hour
Working pattern Early 07:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Location: Unit 15-18 Henely Road, Coral Park Industrial Estate, Cambridge, CB1 3EZ.
Benefits: Competitive salary | Weekly Pay | Instant access to Blue Arrow's online training portal | Automatic entry and consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme
Parcel delivery van driving jobs are available now in Cambridge. Get behind the wheel and drive your career forward as a Van Driver (Multi Drop Driver) collecting and delivering parcels throughout the local Cambridge area.
You will be responsible for planning your route at the start of every shift providing you with the opportunity to work with efficiency and autonomy to complete your collections and deliveries your way, simply driving the route, scanning parcels on and off route while interacting with customers, providing the excellent levels of customer service that we expect of our parcel delivery services.
This is your chance to become an integral part of one of the key players in the parcel delivery industry. They deliver thousands of parcels each day to customers around the globe, to meet such a demand they strive to attract, develop and retain the very best talent, because it is employees like you that help them to deliver their success.
As a Van Driver (collection and delivery) based out of the Cambridge depot, you will be working independently to collect and deliver parcels to households and businesses throughout the local area so local knowledge would be an advantage. Your working hours will be 7 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday but you will need to be flexible and willing to work the occasional Saturday if needed.
The Cambridge mail centre is situated between the city centre and Cambridge International Airport, close to Barnwell Lake. The location is supported by excellent transport links so you should find that travelling to work via car or public transport is easy.
You must hold a full UK driving licence permitting 3.5 and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles to be considered for this position. A clean licence is preferred but drivers with up to 6 penalty points will be considered.
Aside from the required driving qualifications there are a few other things that will ensure you are great fit for this job:
* Positive Attitude: You do need to have a passion for driving, even when it is busy out on the roads, lots of traffic and long queues can make even the bubbliest of us a little grumpy so a happy, positive attitude will go a long way.
* People Skills: As a Van Driver (Multi Drop Driver), you have the chance to make someone's day, every day - whether it is delivering a letter from friend, the latest gadget to an eagerly waiting customer, a smile to someone who needs it, a carefully chosen gift to be wrapped in a bow, or just a few friendly words of hello, when you work for the postal service you are delivering more than just the post.
* Physically Fit: This interactive, customer focused door to door service will require you to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg so do take a moment to consider the physical aspects of this role.
* Team Work: Many hands make lighter work so we must all be willing to pull together as a team ensuring that each and every parcel gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, no matter what it takes.
* Full valid UK driving licence permitting 3.5 and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles.
* Less than 6 penalty points on your licence (ideally a clean licence is preferred).
* Willing to complete a criminality check (essential).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.