On-Going Warehouse Operatives needed NOW!We are looking for reliable and enthusiastic Warehouse Operatives to work in a busy City based warehouse.Late shifts available 17.00-23.00pmIf you...
We are currently working with a leading print supplier who are looking for an operations manager to join their Plymouth based team. Our client offers a range of services from graphic design all the way through to the distribution of the products. They are looking for a self-motivated manager who has experience working in an industrial setting, and is enthusiastic about building the business.
- Direct management of 5 team leaders with over all responsibility of 70 staff.
- Responsibility for HR processes and Disciplinary when required.
- Identify and implement progression and training.
- Run daily and weekly operation & production meetings.
- Cost management in line with factory out-put.
- Business development - Review, develop and implement processes to maximise efficiency.
- Health & Safety implemented and Factory works in accordance with audit requirements.
- Maximise factory capacity through work-flow scheduling.
- Reporting - produce weekly reports of factory out-put and unit cost.
- Flexible in working hours to cover multiple factory shifts.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a manufacturing (or similar) environment.
- Some breadth of technical manufacturing experiences e.g. lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 5 Ss, SMED, 6 sigma, engineering background etc.
- At least 5 years track record managing large groups of staff, service, quality and cost
- At least 2 years track record with managing/training/developing junior mangers/supervisors
- Depth of experience with Health & Safety
- Tactical thinking, lateral thinking
- Strong Numeracy and Excel capabilities
- Experience of compliance activities and participation in external assessments/audits
- Experience managing a team
- Managing payroll - at least creation of payment schedule
- Budgeting and cost control
- Scheduling & Capacity Planning
- Location management
- Strategic thinking
- Capability and ambition to progress i.e. career focused, not job focused