We are looking for a process clerk for our evening shift.Shift 22:00pm-06:00am / Mon-Fri / 37.5 hpw (30 minute break)The candidate will be working in...
Job Purpose (over view of role):
The HR Business Partner will work at both a strategic and operational level within our business. Working with the Senior Managers of your business area you will provide support and guidance on strategic and operational matters. As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will work proactively with your business area in the implementation of the strategic HR plan linking into the Senior HR Business Partner. You will actively support the operation of the business by providing a proactive, effective and professional HR service. You will act as a key point of contact for both line management and employees on employee relations issues providing informed specialist advise.
In order to be considered for this role you will have a generalist background with a strong focus on Employee Relations. You will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of employment law and will have a track record of supporting managers and providing comprehensive advice and guidance on all HR related matters.
- Oversee and aid implementation and delivery of HR initiatives being the key interface between HR and your business area
- Ensure your business area understand their people challenges and coach on appropriate interventions
- Working with Senior Managers of your business area you will support with the implementation of the HR plan for your business area
- Key point of contact for HR Queries from line management and employees
- Providing advice on employment law and application of Company policies and procedures
- On - boarding liaising with recruitment to ensure the smooth management of the onboarding process and appropriate management of probationary periods
- Attendance Management - providing support and advice to managers on short and long term absence, including attending sickness absence reviews, welfare and capability review meetings. Actively managing cases, analysing data and coaching managers to drive attendance in line with the Managing for Attendance Policy.
- Occupational Health Case Management - ownership of cases and management of the relationship with current Occupational Health provider. Providing advice to managers and coaching on referrals and subsequent actions.
- Authorised Absence - advising on authorised absence queries, including maternity, paternity, adoption and supporting relevant processes with the ER administration team
- Flexible working - giving advice and support on how to manage the process including, meetings, outcome and appeal. Challenging and coaching managers where necessary
- Discipline and Grievance - advising and coaching managers on the discipline and grievance process in accordance with Company Procedures up to and including dismissal cases. Challenging where necessary and ensuring consistency across the group to mitigate risk
- Performance Management - using initiative to engage managers on how to undertake the performance management procedure including development plans, informal warnings and facilitating and managing the formal process up to and including dismissal
- Maintaining a good working relationship with Trade Unions
- Supporting annual cycle of HR activities within wider HR Team
- Working with the Senior HR Business Partner you will analyse trends in relation to ER issues within your area in order to proactively deliver training modules as and when required
- Support Senior HR Managers to deliver HR Projects as and when required including but not limited to Restructures, TUPE, Training needs analysis, design and delivery of training materials and TU Consultation
- Deputise for Senior HR Business Partners when required
Knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- CIPD qualified.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Analytical approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Positive and resilient.
- Experience of dealing with complex ER cases, end to end.
- Up to date employment law and best practice HR knowledge.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering pragmatic, commercial advice to senior stakeholders.
- Experience of building strong working relationships, with the ability to challenge and influence at difference levels across the organisation.
- Experienced in delivering coaching, training and development interventions to raise Line manager capability.
- Experience of working within a customer focused function within a large company. The role will cover both an operational and head office client base.
- Clear, articulate and concise communication skills e.g. conveying complex and sensitive information in a succinct manner.