Head Chef Wedding Venue North Surrey £33kRecruiting a Head Chef for a rapidly growing, dynamic company providing the finest quality, modern British food to high-end...
HEAD CHEF - HOSPITALITY/LEISURE VENUE - SURREY
£32,000 - £40,000
Head Chef needed for a stunning Hospitality/Leisure venue in the heart of the Surrey countryside with easy access from the A3, A31, M3 and M25.
The venue has its own unique restaurant where the head chef can design their own seasonal menus and it also has space to put on spectacular weddings
You will manage a brigade of chefs that are all motivated to put on a wonderful guest experience that has them spreading the word that this is a must visit place in Surrey.
This is an excellent opportunity to get to work in a venue that allows freedom and creativity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Head Chef
* Control and direct the food preparation process
* Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
* Approve and "polish" dishes before they reach the customer
* Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
* Building strong relationships with suppliers ensuring quality ingredients sourced at competitive prices
* Controlling of stock to limit wastage, maintain and seek to improve GP%
* Monthly stock count with prompt reporting of figures to finance
* Notify faulty equipment to Catering Manager, co-ordinate and assist with access to facilities for repairs when necessary
* Be involved in recruiting for your kitchen
* Organise weekly rotas, ensuring holidays planned efficiently
* Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
* Work closely with Catering Manager, Assistant Manager and Front of House teams for normal service and event catering
What You Need To Be a Successful Head Chef
* Proven experience as a Head Chef in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment, taking responsibility for the quality of each and every dish served.
* Wedding and event experience is a must
* Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
* Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
* Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
* A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person
* Excellent management skills and financial understanding
* Outstanding communication and leadership skills
* Credentials in health and safety training
* Culinary science related certificates
The Reward/Benefits - Head Chef
* Salary of £32,000 - £40,000
* Independent company so freedom to be creative
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.