We are looking for temporary 3.5 tonne multi-drop drivers to work for our highly reputable clients in and around the Walton Summit Area Preston areaPay...
Role titles Multi Drop Driver
Pay Rate £10.50 per hour
Working pattern Early 08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Saturday.
Location: Parcelforce Worldwide, 261 Camfield Place, Walton Summit, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 8AN.
Benefits: Competitive salary | Weekly Pay | Instant access to Blue Arrow's online training portal | Automatic entry and consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme
Do you hold a full UK driving licence with less than 6 penalty points?
Do you have a good knowledge of the Preston area?
Are you reliable, flexible and dedicated to delivery outstanding customer service?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then you are a great candidate for this Multi Drop Driver job in Preston for Parcelforce Worldwide.
This is your chance to take control of your driving career, release the brakes, shift up a gear and step on the gas by becoming an integral part of the world renowned Parcelforce Worldwide logistical team.
As a Multi Drop (collection and delivery) Driver based out of the Parcelforce Preston depot, you will be working independently to collect and deliver parcels to households and businesses throughout the local area so local knowledge would be an advantage. Your working hours will be 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Saturday.
The Parcelforce Preston mail centre is situated towards the north of the Walton Summit Centre inside the M65, M6 Preston Bypass and M61 triangle. The location is supported by excellent transport links so you should find that travelling to work via car or public transport is easy.
You will be responsible for planning your route at the start of every shift providing you with the opportunity to work with efficiency and autonomy to complete your collections and deliveries your way, simply driving the route, scanning parcels on and off route while interacting with customers, providing the excellent levels of customer service that we expect from Parcelforce Worldwide.
You must hold a full UK driving licence permitting 3.5 and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles to be considered for this position. A clean licence is preferred but drivers with up to 6 penalty points will be considered.
Aside from the required driving qualifications there are a few other things that will ensure you are great fit for this job:
* Positive Attitude: You do need to have a passion for driving, even when it is busy out on the roads, lots of traffic and long queues can make even the bubbliest of us a little grumpy so a happy, positive attitude will go a long way.
* People Skills: As a delivery driver, you have the chance to make someone's day, every day - whether it is delivering a letter from friend, the latest gadget to an eagerly waiting customer, a smile to someone who needs it, a carefully chosen gift to be wrapped in a bow, or just a few friendly words of hello, when you work for the postal service you are delivering more than just the post.
* Physically Fit: This interactive, customer focused door to door service will require you to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg so do take a moment to consider the physical aspects of this role.
* Team Work: Many hands make lighter work so we must all be willing to pull together as a team ensuring that each and every parcel gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, no matter what it takes.
We know that all professional drivers pride themselves on their commitment to deliver on time whatever the load and so if you have all of the qualities mentioned above and the dedication to thrive in the driving force behind one of the UK's most trusted delivery companies, we want to hear from you.
* Full valid UK driving licence permitting 3.5 and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles.
* Less than 6 penalty points on your licence (ideally a clean licence is preferred).
* Willing to complete a criminality check (essential).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.