Warehouse Operative £19,312 CluttonAre you looking for a permanent job? Are you an experienced, professional warehouse operative?Blue Arrow are currently looking for a warehouse worker...
We are looking for Markets & Estates Operative to start ASAP until 31/01/2019. Our client is a Local Authority and the location is based on Corn Street, Bristol.
The role is part time Monday to Saturday, 3pm to 7pm and is 24 hours per week.
Hourly Pay rate: £9.94.
What is the role?
To provide a range of operational services that ensures the safe and efficient day to day function of the Markets and Estate Service.
* Carry out and range of cleaning, waste disposal and recycling tasks. Operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
* Unlock, lock and secure premises and open space sites. Operate building security and fire alarm systems.
* Provide an on-site security presence to address anti-social behaviour and crime issues.
* Provide information and general assistance to customers, clients and stakeholders.
* Set up, move and dismantle market ad event equipment. Provide general porterage services for market traders and event organisers. Operate mechanical handling equipment.
* Carry out minor repairs and maintenance to buildings, infrastructure and equipment.
* Operate evacuation and emergency procedures in instance of fire, bomb alert or other potential hazards. Liaise with emergency services.
What you will need to apply for this role:
* Relative previous experience in a related capacity.
* Demonstrable experience of working with minimum supervision.
* Be able to carry out various manual handling and heavy lifting tasks.
* Experience in use of mechanical equipment, hand tools, materials and cleaning products.
* Good communication skills in dealing with people in a customer care environment with the ability to converse with citizens in spoken English, or through a BSL interpreter.
* Demonstrate commitment to team working and also be self-motivated and able to work alone.
* Have a flexible approach to working days and hours. Including routine Saturday working
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience and please upload your CV in "word" format to this site.