Blue Arrow are recruiting for a 7.5T Driver to work with a company based in Aberdeen. You may be required to do local and long...
Qualified, reliable, and flexible drivers are needed in Aberdeen now. Help to deliver an outstanding service and drive your career forward as a Multi Drop Delivery Driver for the UK's best known postal service.
This is your chance to become an integral part of a world renowned logistical team helping to deliver a world class parcel delivery service to 29 million addresses across the UK.
As a Multi Drop (collection and delivery) Driver based out of the Aberdeen depot, you will be working independently to collect and deliver parcels to households and businesses throughout the local area so local knowledge would be an advantage. Your working hours will be 9:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday but you will need to be flexible and willing to work the occasional Saturday if needed.
The Aberdeen mail centre is situated in the Altens area, South East of the River Dee, not too far from Liorston Loch. The location is supported by excellent transport links so you should find that travelling to work via car or public transport is easy.
You will be responsible for planning your route at the start of every shift providing you with the opportunity to work with efficiency and autonomy to complete your collections and deliveries your way, simply driving the route, scanning parcels on and off route while interacting with customers, providing the excellent levels of customer service that we expect of our postal services.
We know that all professional drivers pride themselves on their commitment to deliver on time whatever the load and so if you are a qualified and experienced driver who has the self-motivation and dedication to thrive in the driving force behind one of the UK's most trusted delivery companies we want to hear from you.
You must hold a full UK driving licence permitting 3.5 and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles to be considered for this position. A clean licence is preferred but drivers with up to 6 penalty points will be considered.
Aside from the required driving qualifications there are a few other things that will ensure you are great fit for this job:
* Positive Attitude: You do need to have a passion for driving, even when it is busy out on the roads, lots of traffic and long queues can make even the bubbliest of us a little grumpy so a happy, positive attitude will go a long way.
* People Skills: As a delivery driver, you have the chance to make someone's day, every day - whether it is delivering a letter from friend, the latest gadget to an eagerly waiting customer, a smile to someone who needs it, a carefully chosen gift to be wrapped in a bow, or just a few friendly words of hello, when you work for the postal service you are delivering more than just the post.
* Physically Fit: This interactive, customer focused door to door service will require you to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg so do take a moment to consider the physical aspects of this role.
* Team Work: Many hands make lighter work so we must all be willing to pull together as a team ensuring that each and every parcel gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, no matter what it takes.
* Full valid UK driving licence permitting 3.5 and/or 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles.
* Less than 6 penalty points on your licence (ideally a clean licence is preferred).
* Willing to complete a criminality check (essential).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.