Want to Work Monday to Friday? Day time Hours?Want Flexible working hours?Weekly Pay?Then look no further......Blue Arrow are recruiting DBS Kitchen and General Assistants to...
Chef or Cook - Biggleswade - £19,000-£21,000
(35 weeks per rata)
(Monday to Friday 10.30am to 7.00pm)
Reporting to: Chef Manager
* To deliver quality customer service and ensure the profitability and operational excellence of the company as advised.
* To assist the Chef Manager in the day to day running of the kitchen and the food production to 'Requested Services' standards.
1. To assist the Chef Manager with schedules, menus, costings and rotas.
2. To be responsible for deputising in the absence of the Chef Manager
3. To prepare, cook and present food to a high standard for the students & staff.
4. Liaise with the GA during the afternoon shifts as to their duties
5. To ensure that hot and cold food counters are stocked in time for service and maintained during opening times of the restaurant
6. To maintain a high level of personal presentation and hygiene standards at all times
7. To assist the Chef Manager in controlling and monitoring food wastage
8. To assist the Chef Manager and General Manager to continually review and improve the menus
9. To recommend and promote new menu ideas and special food events
10. To assist in the ordering of products and ensure that all stock security, storage and rotation guidelines are met
11. On a daily basis check with the hospitality sheets and liaise with the Chef Manger to the duties needed to be carried out that day
12. To ensure that complaints are resolved adequately to exceed customer expectations and to be discussed with your line manager
13. To be visible in the restaurant during service helping and supporting staff as well as communicating with customers
14. To ensure cash is handled in line with Financial Regulations
15. To ensure that all food hygiene legislation and working practices are adhered
16. To ensure that high levels of cleanliness are met in all areas of preparation, cooking and storage of food and equipment
17. To ensure that all Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices are adhered
18. To ensure that all necessary records are completed to comply with current Food Hygiene and Health and Safety legislation
19. To undertake any other associated duties as may be required by the Chef Manager
20. To recommend and promote new menu ideas and special food events
21. To comply with and act in accordance with all Services fire regulations and to adhere to its fire policy.
22. To show a positive attitude at all times and promote mutual respect within the kitchen and through all departments
23. To undertake any other associated duties as may be required by the Chef Manager and the General Manager
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and for raising any concerns in line with advised procedures.
* Equality and Diversity
To be responsible for promoting equality and diversity in line with advised procedures.
* Health and Safety
To be responsible for following health and safety requirements in line with advised policy and procedures.
* Training and development
To participate proactively in training and development including qualification development required in the job role.