Position: Kitchen PorterLocation: Oxford, OX2Salary: £9.18 P/HType: Permanent, Straight shifts 40 hours per week (Can be flexible on working hours and commitments) My client, a...
Position: Student Support Assistant / Kitchen Technician
Sector: Contract Catering - School
Location: Oxford, OX1
Hourly Rate: £12.00 p/h
Type: Permanent, 20 hours per week (CAN BE FLEXIABLE ON WORKING HOURS - TERM TIME ONLY)
The purpose of this post is to assist and support the course lecture, students & staff with a range specific courses based in a catering environment.
The main duties and responsibilities are to:
- Assist in all aspects of learning experience, giving encouragement and help to students or small groups of students.
- Promote a positive image of the Contract Caterer / School in all contacts with students, employers and professional bodies.
- Under the direction of the course lecturer, prepare kitchens ready for practical classes, this will involve ordering and delivery of food/equipment to the classroom.
- Accompany lecturers and students on School visits, and participate in School functions within School hours.
- Ensure the kitchen classrooms are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness in accordance with current hygiene legislation, and maintain an inventory of small equipment.
- To carry out a cleaning rota for equipment liaising with the Catering Manager for cleaning of larger equipment.
- Undertake any other tasks or functions appropriate to the post that contribute to the education and welfare of students.
- Support students with a range of learning/physical disabilities which may include challenging behaviour.
- Carry out any other reasonably comparable duties that may be required from time to time.
- Undertake additional duties at enrolment times as required, including occasional evening work.
- Be willing to undertake training and development as required within the role to enable you to support teaching and learning. This may involve gaining a Skills for Life Qualification.
- Possess appropriate IT skills relevant to the post, or be willing to undertake training.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Lifting/personal care as and when required
- Have an awareness and understanding of equal opportunities
What's in it for you...
- Salary: Up to £12.00 P/H
- Work life balance
- Established team
- Many perks & benerfits fromthe contract cater.
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.