Position: Chef De PartieLocation: Oxford, OX2 Prestigious Oxford CollegeSalary: Up to £24,000Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week, TERM TIME ONLY 3 week rotaOne of Oxfords...
Position: Kitchen Assistant
Location: Oxford, OX2
Salary: £9.20 p/h
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week - TERM TIME ONLY
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for supporting the chefs in the preparation and service and management of the kitchen as well as ensuring the smooth operation and fulfilment of additional food requirements outside the kitchen at the School.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Supporting the Catering Manager and Chefs to ensure the smooth day to day running of the school kitchen.
* Monitoring of all food and cleaning supplies and liaising with the Chefs and Catering Manager with regards to re-ordering.
Reporting of any faulty or broken equipment to the Catering Manager
* Help to monitor, control and rotate stock with the Chefs and Catering Manager
* Keeping clean all premises, equipment and utensils used in accordance with normal Hygiene legislation as directed by the Catering Manager
* Take direction from the Chefs with regards to main meal preparation, food delivery and service
Prepare food and snacks for staff and pupils outside the three main meals a day and subsequently deliver around the school to meet needs of business or prepare for collection
* Ensure full awareness of who have allergies to various food stuffs and then to manage the service of food correctly from the counter at each mealtime.
* To take direction from the Chefs and Catering Manager on portion control and to then ensure accurate delivery at service.
* Presenting themselves and kitchen in a clean and tidy condition always.
* Support the dissemination of information with the kitchen staff by attending and participating in all required meetings.
* Maintain a consistently high level of employee morale, motivation and passion for food.
* To undertake any other duties deemed commensurate with the post and as directed by the Catering Manager, Bursar or Headmaster.
Personal Qualities and Experience
* Smart appearance
* Personable manner
* Articulate in both written and oral communication
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Previous experience of working in a busy kitchen environment
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.