Relief agency Chef's x5 Reference: MATBRANKDERBNA18102019Job title: Relief agency Chef's x5 Location: Matlock DE4Contract type: Ongoing Temporary Hourly rate/Salary: £11.00-15.00 per hourAre you are looking...
Job title: Night Chef x5 Derbyshire
Location: Castle Donington
Contract type: contract catering - Temporary
Hourly rate/Salary: £13.75p/h - £16.50p/h
Blue Arrow Derby are looking to recruit several night Chefs to help support our clients within the Castle Donnington areas of Derby. You will be supporting them within their onsite canteen and restaurant.
You will have the opportunity to work as a chef as much or as little as you want. You will earn great rates of pay with some enhancements at weekends and have the opportunity to work with a variety of people in a number of kitchens.
* You can start this role ASAP
* This role is temporary ongoing.
* You will be working night shifts from 8pm till 4am Monday to Sunday- but remember you choose your days and enhanced salaries for weekends.
* You choose your days to suit your commitments
* You choose your rota in line with the clients
Roles & Responsibilities:
* You will be cooking for over 300 covers within the restaurant
* Working within a contract catering, cooking for workers for breakfast, lunch, evening and night.
* Supervising and managing kitchens and brigades
* Some menu planning may be required
* Offering support to aspiring chefs within the kitchen
* Ordering and managing stock control
* Following menu instructions in some locations
These responsibilities as a chef will ensure that you provide a fantastic service and contribute towards the business and the service. You will make a difference each and every day by doing what you do best and offering a great standard of food and service to the customers.
* You will have extraordinary attention to detail
* You will have knowledge of stock management and ordering
* You will enjoy working with different people
* You will have the skills to manage small teams
* You will be able to work under pressure and work with a variety of teams
* You will enjoy being flexible and managing your own diary
* You will be qualified within professional cookery to City & Guilds 706/1, 706/2 or equivalent
* You will have at least 2 years background working as a chef
* You will be Chef De Partie level or above
* You be able to think fast on your feet, in regards to menu preparation and replacement of low stock items
* You will have your own chef whites and knives
* You will work the hours and days you choose
* You will be part of a fantastic team who offer ongoing support
* You will earn fantastic rates of pay
* Accrue holiday pay to be able to take a break throughout the year
* Enrolled in a company pension scheme
* Be able to manage your diary through our company app and online portal
* Gain experience through working within a variety of kitchens and teams
* You will be paid on a weekly basis and paid for every hour worked
* You will meet new people and have the chance to network
* It's really important for me to consider how I'm going to get there...
* Being able to drive and have your own transport is an advantage but not essential
* There are plenty of great transport routes available including the 24 hours skylink bus service operational 7 days a week so you can cover all shift including weekends.
Recruitment checks for this role:
* Employment referencing with no gaps for at least 2 years
* Proof of right to work in the UK and National Insurance details required
Click apply today. Or give us a call at our office and ask for Nikita. We have roles that can offer an immediate start. We can't wait to speak with you.