As a Facilities Manager, you will oversee everything related to facilities including: Ensuring that the neat, free from clutter and comfortable and safe environment is maintained...
Assistant Centre Manager - Leisure £17,500
40 hours per week rolling rota including weekends
Blue Arrow are recruiting for an Assistant Centre Manager for a leisure, arts facility in the Bedfordshire area. Candidates must meet the essential qualification, but the client will offer additional training and
accreditations to enhance the continual growth of the successful candidate. A strong focus on customer service and
health & safety is a must in this role, along with a flexible attitude to work.
* NPLQ fully qualified or about to achieve this
* Level 2 qualification in Fitness Instruction
* English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve this
* A recognised First Aid at work qualification
* Level 1 Swim teacher qualification
* To be responsible on a rota basis for the safe operation of the Centre.
* To provide services, including booking and set ups to internal and external customers
* To effectively review the Health and Safety polices and have the ability to implement change where necessary.
* To have lead responsibility for the effective organisation and training of all Associates in 'wetside' and 'dryside' areas in consultation with designated Assistant Managers
1. To be aware of all operating procedures and to assist with organisation and supervision of all Associates.
2. To assist with induction, initial and ongoing training of facility based staff in health and safety, security, customer care, and operational skills related to Associate roles.
3. To ensure that all users of the Centre receive an excellent and consistent level of service to maximise user satisfaction and retention.
4. To ensure that facilities are at all times staffed appropriately for the level and type of programme being delivered. Including overseeing staff rotation and task allocation where appropriate to meet the demands of the business
5. To be a designated key holder for the Centre and to be responsible for opening and closing where required.
6. To undertake a detailed tour of the facilities at scheduled times to ensure that all facilities are set up correctly, are clean, tidy and operable as planned and to report all remedial action required by maintenance staff, cleaning staff and Associate to achieve effective delivery and ensure recommended action has been taken.
7. To provide first aid cover when on duty.
8. To provide lifeguard cover when on duty
9. To act as first point of reference for any customer comments and complaints when on duty referring them as appropriate for action.
10. To undertake customer inductions for the appropriate use of gym equipment and record keeping ensuring all users, both internal and external, have been inducted.
11. To complete administrative and cash handling duties using Microsoft Office and other records.
12. To formulate and help implement proposals for the maximum effective use of the Centre.
13. To have worked towards QUEST at a leisure facility
14. To Carry out daily shift checks including H&S of both dryside & wetside to ensure customer safety
15. To work within TAL SOP and EAP
16. To ensure that all records and documented systems are updated by the end of any shift.
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and for raising any concerns in line with College procedures.
* Equality and Diversity:
To be responsible for promoting equality and diversity in line with College procedures.
* Health and Safety:
To be responsible for following health and safety requirements in line with College policy and procedures.
* Training and development:
To participate proactively in training and development including qualification development required in the job role.
* To undertake any other duties as appropriate assigned by the General Manager
Associates carry out the following roles
* Swimming Teaching
and may provide services on an employed or self employed basis.
In this job you will work on a rota basis Monday to Sunday working shifts within annualised hours.