Commis Chef Retail/Leisure Complex £17,500 £18,000 Work Life BalanceThe role: Commis Chef required for a leading leisure/retailer that operates across the south coast. You will...
Job title: Commis Chef
Location: Whitely Area
Contract type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: 40-45 hrs p/w
Shifts: 5 days a week, combining weekday and weekend shifts (Not compulsory for every weekend)
A Commis Chef is needed for a busy Luxury Country Club located in the Whitley area, the venue focuses on fresh food cooked to a high standard with a lot of the business being banqueting for the Weddings and Functions that take place, as well as the day to day catering for the member and general public using the Bar Menu. They are currently recruiting for a talented Commis Chef to join their friendly brigade. As a chef you will work 5/7 Days - Straight Shifts - 40-45 hrs p/w - Includes 1 Breakfast chef or early shift a week, so they get 3 night off a week.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Commis Chef:
* To ensure the food preparation and presentation meets the required standards
* To comply with the health and safety and food safety legislations
* To monitor portion control, fresh food and dry store orders
What You Need To Be a Successful Commis Chef:
* NVQ or City & Guilds Chef qualifications are required
* Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (advantageous)
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Previous experience in a similar role
* A salary of £19,000
* Alternate weekends off!
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Blue Arrow Best Company 2019