Role Title: General Assistant Pay Rate: £8.21 per hourShift Pattern: WeekdaysContract: Temp-to-PermLocation: LetchworthBlue Arrow are currently recruiting for a General Assistant for our client based...
GENERAL MANAGER - Visitors Attraction - Bedfordshire
W/L balance 5 out of 7 days, plus benefit package
Blue Arrow are recruiting on behalf of a renowned visitors attraction in the Bedfordshire area, to help them in their continued exciting journey. This family owned highly respected business is looking for a General Manager with vision, enthusiasm and passion for customer service and the fulfilment of the customer experience
You will be responsible for leading the operation and developing sales in our key areas of food and beverage along with retail sales and corporate bookings and events. The attractive riverside setting includes a café, mill and gardens in a delightful setting with a fascinating historical heritage.
The successful candidate will be naturally entrepreneurial and have a background working in a busy visitor attraction with a strong emphasis on food and beverage outlets. You must be confident in your knowledge of the tourism industry and have experience in identifying external funding sources and successfully biding for them and have a keen eye on external fundraising such as via the Heritage Lottery Fund.
You will be an experienced leader able to empower your diverse team to deliver excellence every day through your hands-on / can-do approach, demonstrating gravitas and a clear site leadership presence. You also need to be a strategic thinker, working with the owners to continually develop this unique site. You should have exceptional communication and inter-personal skills along with a strong commitment to our vision, to continue our journey in the delivery of our vision as well as protecting our assets.
Your key responsibilities:
* Strategy, organisational development and business planning;
* Risk and governance of day to day operations taking responsibility for the processes and mechanisms that serve the business;
* Financial Management - Oversight of budgeting and management of capital expenditure with a keen focus on ensuring that the F&B operation achieves its set food GP and targeted wage costs;
* Attraction Management - Ensuring we maintain consistently maintain high standards and through competitor observation offer a first-class visitor experience generating regular, consistent and increasing footfall;
* Site Management - Ensure the development and maintenance of the whole site - our historic mill, visitor centre, Gardens and extensive land, all within a natural flood plain; Ensure the delivery of the rolling 5-year Estate Management Plan, encouraging natural species, facilitating the full engagement of Jordan's Trust and to ensure the continuous development and horticultural maintenance of the sites gardens;
* Commercial Management - Through a dedicated team, oversee the admissions desk for mill tours, shop and café, constantly evaluating collective and individual departmental performance, identifying new income streams and opportunities;
* Third Party Income Stream Management - Engagement of third-party users to maximise the use of both land and premises, on both long- and short-term basis;
* People Management - Through the HR Manager, ensure the effective engagement and management of our people resources, setting standards and providing both support and challenge to line managers to deliver excellence, making it a great place to work;
* Project Management - Oversee the delivery of all project activity on site, acting as project manager on larger projects and mentor for direct reports on smaller projects; Ensure effective delivery - right first time, on time, to cost and to the desired standards; Remain vigilant for potential grant and funding opportunities, such as the Heritage Lottery Fund, and oversee the detailed and timely applications processes;
* Overall accountability for site Health, Safety and Security;
* Line management - responsible for the coaching, support and development of 8 direct reports (Heads of Departments - Finance, Marketing, HR, Food and Beverage Team (kitchen and front of house, as well as the business development and event management function), Gardens and Maintenance).
Personal Specification and Skills:
* Substantial current experience in a large scale, high quality catering operation and the ability to demonstrate successful change management
* A passion for high quality, fresh food and delivering excellent customer service
* Hospitality and entertaining experience on a comparable scale
* Relevant health and safety legislation knowledge
* Catering for functions and events experience
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Proven ability to manage and supervise teams
* Proficient ICT skills, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
* The ability to prioritise effectively and manage a busy diary and varied work load to meet deadlines
* Smart and Professional appearance
* Eye for detail ensuring the highest level of service at all times
* Commitment to ongoing professional development