Blue Arrow are seeking Control Room Assistants for our busy client based in Atherstone. Our prestigious client requires applicants to work within a busy transport...
Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for Traffic Office Assistants to work within a busy transport office based in Atherstone. This role will be ongoing until the end of December, with the possibility of an extension into the new year.
Your main function as a Transport Assistant will be to help maintain the quick, efficient & safe running of the Royal Mail Transport Office. In the build up to Christmas this will be a very vibrant and busy environment to work in so the ability to work within a team is essential.
Duties to include:
* Issuing drivers packs, vehicles and keys
* Ensuring drivers download their tacho cards on a daily basis
* Driver and unit allocation
* Creating, editing and deleting jobs from the system
* Monitoring to see which duties are running on time
* Debriefing drivers, which includes challenging them if required
* Manually imputing drivers names on a daily basic
* Informing drivers of any road closures, traffic issues etc.
* Ensuring customer collection duties are made aware of customer requirements and if there any changes or cancellations
* Liaise with the workshop on defective units and rigid's as well as the control room to move defective trailers across
* Defecting units on internal systems
* Extra responsibility of understanding some transport legislation, including drivers hours
* Updating the driver packs and maps
* 10:00 till 18:00 Monday to Friday
* 18:00 till 02:00 Monday to Friday
Pay and benefits:
* £11.78 to £14.64 dependent on shift.
* Candidates will also benefit from the Blue Arrow Holiday accrual scheme.
* Free on site parking is also available.
* Approachable and a good communicator
* Excellent attendance and time keeping
* Good IT Skills - especially on excel
* Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.