We are hiring professional LGV drivers. The pay rate is between £11 £23:50 p/h depending on the various shifts we have available. The shifts we...
We are hiring professional LGV drivers, who have an important role to play in making sure stores always have the right products at the right times for their customers.
Shift start times vary between: 01:00 to 06:00, mainly nightshift with some dayshift trunk runs and shunter shifts.
Our depot operates 24 hours per day / 7 days per week including weekends and bank holidays so it is essential that you are flexible.
You will be delivering products to national supermarkets and convenience stores. Products will be in cages so cage manoeuvring is required, it is therefore essential that applicants can carry out these duties.
Unusually, your time is split between two key areas - professional driving together with loading and unloading deliveries. So it's a lot more physical than typical LGV Driver roles as only 40% of your time is actually spent driving.
When delivering goods to stores, you'll understand the need to optimise space and minimise any loss. You will need to work with store or warehouse colleagues, so safety (of our people, customers and products) is a big priority for you.
What we expect from our drivers:
* Ownership for the safe and timely delivery of our customers' products
* Securing caged loads and carrying out its transfer from depot to store
* Operation of point of delivery technology, the completion of driver checks and documentation
* Carrying out multi-drops within depot region
* Adhering to Driving legislation and professional competence standards
* Undertaking professional development.
* Investing in our award-winning health and safety standards
* Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
Skills & Experience Required:
* Must hold a valid Cat C+E (Class 1)
* Must hold a valid CPC Card
* Must hold a Digi Card
* Must not have more than 6 points on your licence, DD, DR or IN10
* Minimum 6 months Class 1 driving experience is essential
* A flexible approach to working patterns and start times to meet business needs
* Motivated and committed with high personal and professional standards
* Possess excellent communication skills, understand and follow both verbal and written information.
* Able to work within set timescales to meet customers service requirements.
In return my Blue Arrow offers the following benefits:
* Working for the market leader through the most trusted agency in the Highlands
* Weekly pay
* 28 days paid holiday
* CPC TRAINING - Free of charge * Minimum hours apply
* Access to Blue Arrows on-line training portal
* Consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme
For more information please contact Blue Arrow Inverness on 01463 240590 or apply online.