This employer offers a tailored, intelligent and resourceful payroll service through innovation and collaboration with their clients. With a focus on quality, accuracy and reliability,...
Blue Arrow Glasgow is currently looking for an experienced, organised and efficient Credit Controller to join a well known organisation based in Glasgow city centre.
The perfect candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate that they can confidently asses each situation and use their own judgement to determine the very best resolution for both the University and the customer.
No formal qualifications are needed for this Credit Control position but a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, using the v-lookup and pivot table features is essential and so you'll need to know how to create pivot tables and use v-lookups from scratch. You also often use Microsoft Word and email software packages.
Credit Control is all about building relationships, being firm but fair and working systematically and efficiently with a customer focused, pro active outlook. You will be using early intervention methods and a natural personable approach to achieve the best resolution and improve overall debt collection performance. Previous experience in a similar role is essential, you will have already gained the necessary knowledge and skills needed to carry out your day to day collections tasks with confidence.
Your day to day responsibilities as a Credit Control team member will include collecting outstanding debt or investigating non payment via telephone, email and face to face meetings. You will also be completing administrative duties to record, collate, and review information to provide a report on each case.
- Plan your workload to Achieve collections daily call target in pursuing debt and work towards monthly targets.
- Respond to queries from Senior Management and Colleges and organise and prioritise workload to meet ad hoc requests from internal & external customers.
- Provide advice on established financial procedures and policies to school and college staff, usually without recourse, escalating issues where precedent does not exist.
- Collect debt by telephone, email, face to face
- Deliver a customer focussed, pro-active service that uses early intervention techniques.
- Actively manage customers to improve the collection of debt.
- Collate reports for weekly meetings.
- Ensure that there is a high level of customer service thereby ensuring a fluid customer journey.
- Review collated overdue debt by investigating reasons for non-payment and establish the next steps.
- Maintenance of the external collections process including collating all paperwork.
- Highlight day to day system and process issues with the aim to improve efficiency in debt collection and reporting.
- Run weekly and monthly aged debt reports, confirming accuracy and completeness of data,
- Proactively identify and monitor any disputed amounts by liaising with relevant departments with aim to resolve query in a timely manner.
- Proven developed skills in the use of Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and email.
- Able to prioritise and manage workload to meet tight deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
- Positive and approachable team player.
- Eligible for National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) Pension Scheme
- 1.5 days flexi time each month allowed
- Supportive & flexible working environment
- Relaxed dress code
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.