CHEF WORK WITH IMMEDIATE STARTS AVAILABLE!! CHEF DE PARTIE, SOUS CHEF, HEAD CHEF Join Blue Arrow to become an agency chef for a flexible work...
Head Chef - Milton Keynes - Contract Catering - £25,000 plus self-funded bonus based on KPI's and GP margin
Hours: Monday to Friday 7am - 3pm
Blue Arrow Milton Keynes are recruiting on behalf of a national distribution centre based in Milton Keynes. Looking for a Head Chef with past experience of 100% fresh food production, cooking for volume, with past experience in menu development.
Plan prepare, present, and serve the food to the agreed standards ensuring the food quality and service is of the highest standards.
Provide any hospitality as required.
Completion of purchases to maintain a robust stock control policy
Complete all company and food safety bookwork reporting faults to the catering operations manager
Manage the training, time and workload of the team throughout the working day to provide best service to customer.
Ensuring all cleaning schedules are completed as per agreed standards.
* Head Chef in charge of 4 others.
* Catering for around 800 meals per day.
* 100% fresh food environment.
* Past experience in menu development and 100% fresh food a must.
* Catering Qualifications needed.
* Catering for private functions, events and corporate hospitality.
* Future development guaranteed.
* Control of budgets, P & L, ordering, kitchen invoicing, wastage - all Kitchen Management Duties.
* The improvement and monitoring in health and safety, environment
* Be a role model for chefs within your team.
* Demonstrate and encourage good customer services skills.
* Comply with all company policies/procedures.
* Comply with all legislative requirements.
* Role model safe behaviour.
* Daily planning includes own and teams time management to ensure tasks are completed and all food is produced and served correctly
* Hospitality service organising production on a daily and weekly basis liaising with Catering Operations Manager and Restaurant Manager.
* Planning purchasing in line with delivery days and stock holding constraints.
* Merchandising and promotions working with Catering Operations Manager and Restaurant Manager to match promotions on both sites.
* On-site training for the team as needed organising with the Catering Operations Manager
* On-going continuous improvement of the canteen and hospitality development of buffet menus or new ranges of products to increase sales.
* Educated to 4 GCSE's or equivalent with city and guilds / N.V.Q qualifications or suitable in-house training.
* Previous experience as a Head Chef/ Kitchen Manager including holding supervisory experience for a minimum of 2 years.
* Level 1 or above food safety qualification.
* Good time management, organisational and planning skills.
* Analytical approach to problem solving.
* Good communicator both verbal and written.
* Good communication skills
* Confident with individuals and groups
* Financial awareness.
* Menu planning
* Able to devise initiatives to continuously improve the service to customers and client.
* Strong craft skills able to demonstrate flair and innovation in menus and presentation
* Able to delegate effectively across different shifts and days.