Blue Arrow Glasgow are currently seeking two experienced Payroll Clerks based in Glasgow. We are currently seeking a full time position of 35 hours per...
This employer offers a tailored, intelligent and resourceful payroll service through innovation and collaboration with their clients. With a focus on quality, accuracy and reliability, the team are experienced in working with clients across the UK, in both public and private sectors with between 10 and over 5,000+ employees. The level of professionalism and superiority of their service is recognised by their clients and throughout the industry. The team are committed to their core business values of quality, reliability and transparency. Underpinning the service promises they make equally to each of their clients, irrespective of the shape, size or complexity of their requirements.
As an amazing business with an amazing vision, they're looking for an experienced team member to join them as a Payroll Clerk (Payroll Administrator). You will be working in a small friendly team of 4 colleagues processing the payroll and associated documentation for a variety of clients.
No formal qualifications are needed but the perfect candidate for this position will come from a high volume payroll background and will be able to demonstrate that they can confidently take control of client payroll requirements without supervision. An up to date knowledge of payroll legislation is essential.
In addition to fielding payroll queries, your day to day responsibilities as a Payroll Clerk will include processing all payroll from start to finish, preparing payroll associated documentation, processing changes to staffing levels, calculating holiday, reconciling and preparing payroll journals.
This role is a fixed term contract covering maternity leave however if you are performing well, a permanent position in a similar role could be offered so if you have aspirations of a long term career with an excellent company that is renowned for its great working environment and employee engagement, taking on this fixed term contract could be a fabulous way to make a great impression.
This North Lanarkshire location is supported by plenty of amenities and great transport links so getting to work will be easy via public transport, for those who wish to drive there is the added bonus of a free onsite car park.
* Processing all payroll from start to finish for a variety of clients.
* Processing all new starters and leavers.
* Preparing payroll journals and reconciliations.
* Producing all P45's and P60's.
* Wage Arrestment's, CIS, Holiday, Bonus and special payments.
* Process and respond to payroll queries.
* Previous experience from a high volume payroll setting.
* Good communication & interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
* Proven developed skills in the use of Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and email.
* Able to prioritise and manage workload.
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines.
* Positive and approachable team player.
Contract Term: Fixed term 9 months (Maternity leave cover) potential for permanent position in another department
Working Times: 09:00 - 17:30 pm
- 28 days paid holiday inc Bank Holidays
- Annual bonus (pro-rata)
- Free on-site parking
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.