Help Royal Mail Deliver ChristmasDo you love working in a busy environment as part of a supportive team?We are looking for great administrators who are...
Help Royal Mail Deliver Christmas
Do you love working in a busy environment as part of a supportive team?
We are looking for great administrators who are available either full or part time in September, October and possibly November and are looking for an unusual but exciting chance to experience working as a member of the Royal Mail recruitment team at their seasonal recruitment events.
As a Christmas Recruitment Assistant, you will represent Royal Mail at a number of event days in your local area, working alongside Royal Mail colleagues. As one big team we will help event visitors with their applications for work as Sorters at this critical time of the year.
A typical day will see around 250 candidates coming through the doors, each requiring support to finalise their applications and secure an offer of employment. These are long, busy days and you will be attending from around 8:15 am - 5:45 pm.
Are you a good communicator with exceptional attention to detail?
You will be supporting candidates on a one to one basis as a document checker, going through their application forms with them, making sure we have all the information we need to progress the application to the next stage.
It is essential that you are able to quickly build a rapport with the candidates to maintain a constructive conversation. During the session the documentation provided to evidence proof of right to work, proof of identity and proof of address will need to be scrutinised and recorded. The documents completed and copied will make up the candidates recruitment pack which will be sent to the central recruitment team at the end of the day.
As trusted Recruitment Assistants, you will ensure all forms and employment checks are 100% completed before making job offers. The one to one sessions will take approximately 15 minutes. You will need to work diligently and at pace in a busy environment.
We are looking for people who are confident to undertake these conversations, who take pride in working efficiently and accurately with the ability to handle personal and sensitive data.
Key Competencies include:-
* The ability to travel to across Manchester and Preston
* Excellent time-management skills in order to deal with high volume repetitive work.
* Attention to detail and maintain high level of accuracy.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* A willingness to work long hours to ensure all activities are completed by the end of each day.
* Able to take on different tasks at the recruitment event as assigned by the Registration Lead / Coach to handle the workload.
* Excellent interpersonal skills / clear handwriting
Your Key Responsibilities at the events may include:-
* Support the delivery of the Recruitment Day.
* Attend a meeting at the start of each recruitment day to ensure understanding of the day's targets and requirements.
* Set up and clear rooms as guided by your line manager who will be the Registration Lead.
* Comply with Royal Mail standards, policies and procedures.
* Meet and greet event visitors.
* Ensure that all paperwork provided by candidates meets the required compliance and legislative requirements.
* Input accurate personal details onto the Candidate Log.(Data Input)
* Complete all required checklists for each applicant, flagging up any errors.
* Help candidates to choose a suitable role / shift.
* Maintain confidentiality of all paperwork and information.
* Flag up queries or issues to the Registration Lead or Support.
* Carry out recruitment day duties as needed by your team
* View online applications on a mobile device.
* Balance candidate packs and prepare for dispatch.
How will this role benefit me?
You will learn the basic vetting and recruitment process of registering candidates for Royal Mail whilst gaining experience working for a much loved brand. You will add a reputable employer reference to your CV for your future job applications.
You will receive 1 paid training day prior to the events along with constant on the job training.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV or contact Natasha Lewis for further information 0161 228 7542