We are currently looking for a Switchboard Operator to work for a leading independent hospitality provider based in Manchester City CentreWorking Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, you will...
Corporate Switchboard Operator
Manchester City Centre
To answer all switchboard calls in a timely and professional manner, following the general standards and procedures.
* To follow all standards and procedures as outlined in the Switchboard KPI's & SOP's
* To answer the telephone (external and internal lines) in a polite, friendly and professional manner at all times to agreed standard
* To keep the switchboard database up to date at all times
* To maintain a comprehensive and accurate working record of updates and changes
* To complete daily tasks as requested
* To report any faults with the switchboard operating systems
* To communicate effectively with all departments and managers as required
* To regularly check the switchboard mail inbox and follow up on all mails as required
* To suggest improvements on how to better the service offered by the switchboard department
* Carry out any task deemed reasonable by your manager
* Maintaining awareness of health and safety regulations in the building
* Cary out any task deemed reasonable by your manager
* To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Client Services Team Leader and to attend training courses as identified.
* To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role
* To act as a positive ambassador for the business
Previous front of house experience in a corporate environment or hotel reception or reservations role
* Working with computers & knowledge of Microsoft applications
* Experience of call handling - preferably in a switchboard/reception environment
* Ability to analyse a complex problem and identify potential solutions by exploring and analysing diverse alternatives, including, where applicable, risks and potential business impact.
* Ability to understand and anticipate the consequences of your decisions for other departments/people in short/ long terms.
* Polite, tactful and diplomatic
* Energy, Confidence and enthusiasm
* Ability to work under pressure
* Able to communicate in a calm professional style
* Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal communication
Able to pre-empt a situation
Reliable, Flexible and adaptable
Scope for Development & cross training at other sites
Learning and Training Opportunities