We are recruiting for UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 62,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
West Sussex Council Contractors support and deliver a range of outsourced services on behalf of the council including;
- Property Consultancy
- HR & Payroll
- Customer Services
- Occupational Health
- Health & Safety
- Council Service Information
- Blue Badge Processing
We provide Customer Services to a number of other local and central government authorizes from the Bognor Regis.
We are looking for focused individuals to join our team based in Bognor Regis. The successful candidate will join a thriving business unit and will be required to have the determination and focus to drive to make a real difference to the running of the team, and supporting the public directly with Customer Service & Council inquiries.
To answer enquiries by letter, e-mail, telephone or in person regarding Council services in a timely and efficient manner in compliance with company policy and procedure, whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- To deal confidently, promptly and courteously with the public, Councillors and colleagues. To provide excellent customer service such that the service presents a good image of the Council and inspires confidence in the provision of services.
- To Deal with Blue Badge Administration & Client Communication
- To provide clear and concise responses to all inquiries and to ensure all information given is correct and accurate in response to the customer inquiry.
- To ensure that records, computer systems and information are maintained in an effective and correct manner.
- To refer unresolved actions to the Team Leader or relevant body for completion.
- To log, resolve, analyse and respond to complaints.
- To contribute to a safe working environment for colleagues and staff, and to act in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- To actively promote the services provided by the Council and any new initiatives.
- To adhere to the Data Protection Act
- To escalate unresolved issues to the Team Leader in the first instance.
- To promote a positive image
- To remain focused on the business requirements
- To assist the team in achieving the Service Level requirements
- To take part in team briefings and training programs
- To assist with customer surveys
- To provide cover for other teams as required
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Clear speaking voice
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good keyboard skills
- The ability to work under own initiative within a team based environment
- Self motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to diffuse potentially confrontational situations and to remain calm and reasonable when dealing with difficult calls
- Previous telephone experience within a Contact Center or Customer Service environment is desirable.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team.
- Willing to develop new skills beyond the core functions and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- The employee must pass a Criminal Records Bureau check.
Blue Arrow Competencies for this role:
- Team Working - co-operating with and respecting colleagues to exceed the sum of individual efforts
- Customer Service - creating the best possible experience for West Sussex clients and their customers
- Communication - the ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively
- Performance Management - delivery of business objectives through effective setting of personal and team goals
- Results Focused - getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time, task and financial management
- Leadership - Inspiring, supporting and developing others to achieve outstanding levels of performance.
- Commercial Awareness - contribution to the business through awareness of Group services, the business unit's purpose and its market place, and identification of new opportunities
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement - suggests ideas to improve process, customer service, quality and safety
We look forwards to your application and helping you into a new and exciting role in Local Government.