Blue Arrow have a number of ongoing School catering roles available starting from beginning September. Shift patterns vary from 9am-3pm and 10-2. The susccessful candidate must...
Are you a committed and driven individual with passion and experience in the contract catering sector?
A fantastic opportunity has just arisen for a Chef Manager to work for one of the Leading contract catering companies at their School site in Grays-Essex. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in School catering or B&I site and have good communication and people management skills.
To be successful you'll have worked within the education sector who is craft trained and a strong committed leader. Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business. This site is a mixed-gender secondary & six form responsible for all catering on site approx. 1000 meals avg.
- Job Role: Chef Manager
- Sector: Contract Catering (Education)
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: £13.50 to £16.00 p/h - depending on your experiences
- Location: RM 16 - Grays, Essex
- Hours: 40 hours per week, 7am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Key Responsibilities - Chef Manager
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- Responsible for undertaking weekly and monthly stock takes.
- To assist in the induction of new staff into their position.
Skills/Experience required - Chef Manager
- Effective Communicator; Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Strong Team Leader
- Experience in a similar role
- Level 3 Food & Health Safety qualification is advantageous
- Level 2 Food & Health Safety qualifications is essential
Click apply today or contact Chandril Sood in on 0208 427 6199 for further details.