At Blue Arrow Romford we are a currently looking for chef/chef de parties' to join with us. We recruit for both temporary and temporary ongoing...
Chef - Welwyn Garden City
£11.05 per hour 40 hours per week
4 Days on 3 Days off 7.00am - 5.30pm working every other weekend
Blue Arrow are recruiting for a Chef who will be responsible for helping delivering exceptional food service within a care environment. The Chef will be able to effectively co-manage with the Head Chef, the kitchen and catering team in the delivery of culinary and customer service excellence, and also ensure innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and company standards to achieve and maximise set targets.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Participate in team & resident communications
* Actively helping with ordering and controlling food stocks and budgets.
* Ability to participate in menu planning, and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
* Good understanding of financial cost control and budgets to help achieve culinary excellence.
* Good working knowledge of COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Chef for we look for ...
* A performance driven approach: Creates a culture of results within a high pressured environment through participation and leadership.
* Respecting commitments: Able to effectively listen, establishing trust and ensuring contractual compliance through exemplary leadership.
* Taking the initiative: Takes responsibility, is committed to achieving growth by creating a culture of flexibility, adaptability and challenging the norm.
* Experience in working within the care home environment preferable
* City & Guilds 706/1 or NVQ Level 2 in Catering for the Hospitality Industry