We are looking for a Head Chef for our Marlborough based client, this is initially on a temporary basis for approximately 4-5 weeks.This position offers...
SODEXO TEST KITCHEN- Recipe tester
1. To review recipe content, prepare recipe ingredients and to physically prepare the recipe as described in the instructions.
2. Follows complex recipes and/or product directions for preparing soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs.
3. Identify common mistakes within the recipes and highlight inconsistencies to the kitchen manager.
4. Participate in plating and photographing dishes.
5. Under minimal supervision, independently performs advanced cooking duties in preparing recipes.
6. Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for recipes.
7. Tastes products, estimates food requirements, check production, and keep records to accurately plan recipe preparation requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
8. Receives deliveries, moves and lifts foodstuffs and supplies.
9. Wash, clean and sanitise work stations, common areas and equipment.
10. Applies advanced cooking skills. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of recipe testing. Substantial working knowledge of food preparation. Requires complete knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
11. Follows the recipe testing process per initial training to ensure consistency, accuracy and efficiency.
1. Comfortable with reading and writing in the English language.
2. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
1. Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting supplies.