Blue Arrow are excited to be working with our client to recruit for a talented Junior Sous Chef for their historical hotel in the heart...
Are you a talented Sous Chef, or Junior Sous Chef, looking for your next role?
Do you have experience of working in a 5 star hotel?
Do you have a proven track record of leading a fine dining team?
Blue Arrow are working with our client, one of the leading 5 star hotels in Scotland, to recruit a Sous Chef to assist in the smooth running of the award winning kitchen brigade. Our client, as well as being a leading hotel in Scotland, also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities in Edinburgh.
As the Sous Chef within in the restaurant in the hotel, you'll be required to cover the diverse kitchen that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst maintaining the high standards that are expected. The culinary style is British food which combines contemporary flavours with traditional techniques whilst only using the fresh ingredients of the finest quality.
In order to be considered for the role of Sous Chef, you will have at least 4 to 5 years' experience of working in a high-end 1 or 2 rosette kitchen environment. You will be able to demonstrate being able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team. You will also have previous experience of leading a brigade in the kitchen alongside supporting and training junior members of the team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
* Full knowledge of all standard procedures and policies relating to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
* In-depth knowledge of the menu items, recipes and presentation standards
* Ensuring that all dishes leaving the kitchen are to the highest standards and in line with the menu
In return, you will receive the following benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Additional training to further your career and aid in career progression
* Unlimited career opportunities within this International brand
* Uniform, including complimentary laundry
* Free meals on duty
* Dental and optical plans
* Discounted hotel breaks and F&B
Apply now to be immediately considered for the role.