Our chefs are in serious demand. Are you looking for relief work in the North East of England? Are you an experienced chef who wants...
We are looking to recruit an experienced Contract Catering Head Chef.
Reporting to the Catering Manager, with accountability and responsibility for the day to day supervision of catering team, co-ordination and control of the catering, hospitality and vending services at the site.
* Financial Management
o Supervise and perform periodic stock counts.
o Maintain profitability set by your line manager.
o Monitor factors affecting catering financial levels, such as fluctuations in footfall, hospitality and all other factors.
o Innovate and deliver seasonal menus.
o Maintain a high-quality control of food standards, following recipe cards, checking ingredients and delivering and monitoring portion management.
o Supervise and audit the cleanliness of food production facilities and canteen.
o Communicate with Team any updated Health and Safety paperwork such as Risk Assessments and Method Statements for catering services, including kitchen, dining room, hospitality and administrative tasks.
o Ensure availability of dishes throughout service times.
o Supervise and monitor the completion of daily food temperature and storage documentation.
o Understand and remain updated with current regulations and compliance requirements.
o Ensure that company policies, processes and procedures are adhered to including governmental requirements.
o Supervise the management of COSHH within areas of responsibility.
o Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Client / Customer
o Regularly Interact with Customers to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
o Maintain smooth and timely operations in preparation and delivery of food.
o Ensure availability of advertised menus throughout service times.
* Human Resources
o Assist and advise on the management of all catering staff, evaluating and reviewing personnel including standards and conduct, ensuring professional discipline where necessary using IRIS compliance and disciplinary procedures.
o Set staffing rotas, coordinating holiday and absence management.
o Assist in the coordination of training for new and existing staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards and techniques.
o Deliver Tool Box Talks to ensure communication with all staff.
* Work in an organized manner, problem solving within the scope of the position.
* Supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet organisational timelines.
* Identify, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors, and to develop processes.
* Communicate effectively in person, on telephone and by electronic means.
* Effective use Microsoft Software, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
* Management knowledge of HSWA, IOSH, COSHH, Intermediate Food Hygiene.
* Requires experience of commercial catering provision at Supervisory level and health and safety compliance competence.