Founded in 1959, Blue Arrow is one of the UK's largest specialist staffing companies. With over 500 recruitment professionals across more than 70 locations throughout...
Fraud Investigator - £10.36 per hour, Leeds City Centre (Temporary- 4 months)
Blue Arrow are currently recruiting for a Fraud Investigator to work for one of the biggest Banking Groups in the UK! We are looking for at least three years' experience working within a bank Fraud department or other financial services. The suitable candidate will be self-motivated and have excellent outbound telephony skills including the ability to use advanced questioning techniques. You will work Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 -18:00 for a total of 35 hours a week. You may be required to work the occasional Saturday. The rate of pay will be £10.36 per hour. This position is due to start as soon as possible after passing the mandatory security checks which include credit, criminal and referencing for the last 3-5 years of employment/education. During your first few weeks you will receive excellent support and training, therefore no holidays can be taken during this period. Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates.
Job Purpose of the Fraud Investigator
Reporting to the Team manager, the Fraud Investigator will conduct investigations to mitigate fraud losses across LBG unsecured products through the use of technology and process, following best practice fraud prevention techniques. Investigations will include internal and external, encompassing the branch network, customer and external organisations. As this role has been created to mitigate the fraud risk of instant switchers, a key element will be to identify and prevent impersonation fraud.
Core Responsibilities of the Fraud Investigator
* Investigate and case manage potential fraudulent applications to mitigate the risk and to report to Management accordingly to minimise any potential financial and/or reputational risk by utilising the fraud tools as appropriate and to their maximum
* Implement best practice fraud prevention techniques and specialist fraud detection knowledge, ensuring accuracy, thoroughness with minimum impact on Customer Experience
* Prioritise own work based upon manager guidance, business volumes and risk
* Maintain up to date skills and knowledge of all relevant fraud prevention and detection tools such as SIRA, CIFAS, Fraud mark and other Credit Bureaus
* Ensure that procedures are followed at all times to maintain an 'audit proof' environment within the team
* Maintain up to date Fraud legislation knowledge evidenced by way of a personal development and relevant training modules
Experience/Knowledge Skills and Capabilities of the Fraud Investigator
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in fraud is essential
* Knowledge of Money Laundering and Contemporary fraud techniques that are being perpetrated within the financial industry, regulatory issues particularly data protection, processes and products
* A good working knowledge of all, or some, of the following applications would be a distinct advantage, such as: SIRA, CIFAS, Credit Bureaus, Word, Excel
* Has an understanding and knowledge of Fraud Policy as well as systems and be able to adapt to the use of new technology
* An ability to identify risks within processes and support implementation of appropriate controls
The role requires the ability to work flexibly and may involve the occasional weekend working on overtime but general hours will align to operating hours of between 8am - 6pm.
* Credit check
* Criminal record check
* Sanctions check
* CIFAS check
* Referencing up to 3-5 years
If you meet the requirements above, please apply please upload your CV to this website and a member of the Blue Arrow team will contact you.