Blue Arrow are delighted to be working with a long-standing client to recruit a Commis Chef to work in their large scale kitchen in Lossiemouth, Moray on a permanent basis.
You will be expected to assist the established kitchen team to provide a food service for up to 200 people on site, so previous experience in a food production role within a catering setting is required.
The successful Commis Chef will be responsible for:
* Preparing meals by following recipe specifications
* Full knowledge of all menu items served
* Ensuring that wastage is kept to a minimum by managing production
* Ensuring that all food standards and food quality is maintained
* Adhering to all health and safety standards in line with company policies
* Assist with the cleaning down of the kitchen during and after service
* Ensuring that all opening and closing checklists are completed
* Liaising with your line manager to identify any improvements required and solutions
* Undertake any relevant training as required
The ideal candidate will have:
* NVQ Level 2 Culinary or equivalent
* Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
* Driving licence and own transport would be advantageous due to location
* Motivated to learn in a fast paced environment
Due to the nature of our clients business, you will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate. The client will reimburse this cost for any successful candidates.
Contact Lorraine Morrison on 0141 221 0007 or or apply online for immediate consideration.